Wait for it.................we went to church. No, lightning did not strike nor did the walls cave in.
We have gone on and off since we got married. We had just started to look for a church before Evan was born and then after his birth, we wouldn't even consider taking him anyplace with the trach/feeding tube. So, we started looking again about 3 years ago. Went for awhile to my old church in Worthington but early last year we went sporadically to one here in Clintonville. I enjoy going to church-I know it's something that I need-and I feel good afterwards. I have to admit that once you get out of the habit, it's very easy to just sleep in on Sunday morning and not have it be part of your life. I just want to find a place and commit to it-I want Evan to be exposed to Sunday school and church and I want to be a part of a church community again. I want a place with an active childrens/youth ministry. Evan was baptized when he was 13 days old in the hospital, the night before they repaired his esophagus,but I want him to be baptized again in front of a congregation.
I went to church and Sunday school every Sunday while growing up and it was such a huge part of my life. Youth group every Sunday night from 7th grade on. Most of my friends were from church/youth group and to this day I am still close to my "core" group-we have known each other since I moved to Worthington back in 1972 when I was in 3rd grade. We all went to Worthington high school (my parents moved to London at the beginning of my senior year) and supported each other-that was a hard place to be if you weren't rich and popular. My "church" friends were there for me when my parents separated when I was a freshman and again as a sophomore-when they sold the house, my home, the place we all would gather-when they were heading for a divorce. The church was my refuge at that time. I want Evan to experience that sense of fellowship. I not only want that for him, but I want and need that for myself as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment