Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our quick trip to Boston

Lunch at Stephanie's on Newbury St.
Evan driving the boat!

He was so happy
Loved it

Lobsta claw

Fisherman statue


Didn't matter that the sun wasn't out

It's cold!





What a great time we had. It was a quick trip but we packed alot in. I'm still recovering! Our flight was at 7 a.m. on Friday morning so we were in Boston by 9. Let me tell you. If you need to fly, tell them you are traveling with someone that needs a wheelchair 'cause they cater to your every need! We joked that Mom will now be going with us whenever we fly-she said we could just leave her at an airport hotel in whatever city we're visiting and then come back for her when it's time to go. :) She's alot of fun to go on trips with and she even admitted that flying again after many years wasn't so bad. She was always used to going places with my dad and he would hold her hand and calm her fears. Evan sat with her and made sure he that as well. It was sweet to see.

We spent time in Needham on Friday (Uncle Bill, Aunt Mary, cousins Julie/Jim and Barbara/Ken and family live there) then all of us went up to Gloucester on Saturday. Jim and Julie have kept their boat there for years and now have bought a little place near the marina. It's darling and I want to live there. Jim got up early Saturday morning and caught quite a few lobsters that we then had for dinner Saturday night. Talk about fresh! We also got a chance to go out on the boat and it was as fabulous as I remember from when we went 2 years ago. Evan got to drive as you can see in the video in my last post. He was on cloud 9. Can I just say that I love the ocean and I love the New England coast? I can see why Jim and Julie want to retire in Gloucester. I truly do. Sunday wasn't quite as nice a day but Evan and J & J's niece Hayley still went in the ocean-I don't know how they did it 'cause I was cold! We all gathered in Needham Sunday night for dinner and then home Monday afternoon. It went by so fast, so, so fast. I've said it before and I'll say it again-I love my family. :)
Oh, and more thing. Jim is a native Bostonian so he's got quite the accent. He taught Evan how to say Gloucester and lobster so in a letter that Evan sent them this week, he wrote that he had so much fun in "Glastah" eating "lobstah". Swear to God-I didn't prompt him to do that! Love it.

1 comment:

Judy said...

these pics are a hoot. Love them.