His death really hit me hard. I loved The Jackson 5. Remember the Saturday morning cartoon that was on? I loved The Jacksons ( I think when they changed record labels they had to change their name). I LOVED Michael Jackson. Not the Michael of today but the Michael of the late 70s and 80s. I remember exactly where I was when I saw the Thriller video for the first time-at my cousin Jim's in Cincinnati. I think it was the 10 p.m. showing of it on MTV. I'm sad for his family, for his children. Those poor, poor children. Who knows what type of a life they had with Michael-I don't doubt that he loved them but I'm not sure of the stability of their situation. Today when I walked, it was all Jacksons, all the time on the iPod! I had my own little tribute to him. Thank God it was early in the morning or more people (other than the couple that scared me as I rounded a corner) would of seen me dancing down the street to Wanna Be Startin' Something. Singing too. "Ma ma se, ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa". The day he died I felt as though a piece of my childhood and young adulthood died with too. Does that sound a little overdramatic? Perhaps, but it's exactly how I feel. RIP Michael. I can only hope you found the peace in death that you couldn't seem to find in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment