Monday, June 22, 2009
My visit with the ENT
I finally got to see the ENT today about the persistent ringing in my right ear. This has been going on since late winter and it's becoming very irritating, especially at night. An audiologist first did a hearing test on me and much to my surprise, I have hearing loss to high frequency noises in my right ear. I can't say that I have noticed any loss so that really threw me for a loop. Unfortunately, not much can be done for ringing in the ears or tinnitus. The first thing though when this occurs is to get a MRI to rule out a tumor. At the time of my appointment, I thought, what a pain in the ass. I've had MRIs before and I don't like them and this one sounds awful because they inject dye into me that would show any abnormalities in my head right away. So, I'm like, okay, let's get this schedule ASAP. Later today, I got an email from a friend of mine asking for prayer for her friend who has a brain tumor. I thought, oh poor Heidi. Clicked on the link to her blog to read more about it and boom, as I'm reading, I realize that her tumor is one that develops in the inner ear and in her case, has started going into her brain. She mentioned some of the symptoms she's been experiencing and hmmm, ringing in the ear which is the same ear that they discovered high frequency hearing loss after testing her. Headaches that don't go away with any medication-well, I've been experiencing those types of headaches for awhile now. Can I just say that now I'm freaked out JUST A LITTLE BIT?? Anyhow, please keep Heidi and her family in your prayers. Here is a link to her blog: http://addyandgriswold.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment