Friday, September 18, 2009

Sunny 95

Every year, the morning show on Sunny 95 holds a marathon for Nationwide Children's. I have volunteered to answer phones in the past and decided to do it again this year. That got me thinking about the interview I did for the marathon five years ago. The radio station gave me a CD with the interview on it so I actually found it in the basement and then an idea came to me. I've started playing around Windows Movie Maker and thought that maybe I could scan all the pictures from the NICU and use the interview as the background. Ta da!! The finished product. I also want to share something that took place 5 years ago when I was answering phones. They played my interview and then when they found out I was there, they had me speak with the hosts on air. About 5 minutes later, a man called and he was pretty insistent in speaking with me. He was about 35 years old and born with TEF/EA, just like Evan. He felt that he needed to call and talk with me and let me know that things will be okay. This was a time when we were still strugggling with feeding issues and we really didn't know if we were going to have ongoing issues with the narrowing in his esophagus. This man made me cry. I didn't get him name but that phone call touched me greatly and I will never forget the kindness of that stranger.

2 comments:

Judy said...

You always have a way with words. Just Wonderful. Simply Wonderful.

Ann said...

That was beautiful Anne! You are good girlfriend.