Thursday, September 24, 2009
Big week
I have packed Evan's lunch every day since kindergarten. I guess it's been the last thing I have felt I have control over in regards to what he eats. The doctor has told me that his esophagus is pretty open and we probably will not need another dilatation for a long time BUT I still worry every time he's away from me and I know he's someplace where he's eating. Part of me is fearful every day at lunchtime. Silly I know but I can't let it go. Kindergarten and first grade he really didn't seem to care about buying his lunch at school and I didn't really offer it up to him as an option. Last year I told him he could if he wanted to but he wasn't too interested. He's quite a creature of habit and he likes things to be the same every day in regards to what is in his lunch box! So, Monday night he came home and said he wanted to be a "hot luncher" tomorrow. So, we looked up his code that he would need in the cafeteria and I wrote a check and off he went Tuesday morning without his lunchbox. He was SO excited. I told him to make good choices as to what he should eat AND to make sure he had enough to drink and he just said, "I know, I know Mommy". Ah. It's been 3 days now that he's bought his lunch. He wants me to pack it for him tomorrow though since it's Friday. ?? No idea what Friday has to do with it but I'll do whatever he wants. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea Evan-that is a big step!
Sissy
Post a Comment