Sunday, September 6, 2009

Has it really been four years?

Easter '67 or '68


"To The Glory of God Altar Flowers have been given by the Blakeslee Family who remember with love their husband, father and grandfather, Jim Blakeslee"

I really have a hard time believing that four years have gone by since I have seen, talked to or hugged my father. I miss him every day and I don't think that will ever go away. We spent part of the day in London at church and then to Bob Evans for breakfast w/Mom, Liz, Cathy and our good friends Jim and Diane. Dad loved Jim and Jim loved Dad. Tears have been shed on and off throughout the day. I woke up at the time Dad died and that's when it started for me! I then took a good walk in the early morning and it was a beautiful morning just like the day he died. We got in the car to go to church and as soon as Mike turned it on, Wake Me Up When September Ends was playing on the radio. We literally got goosebumps. That song was a hit for Green Day that September when Dad died-his birthday month is also September so it's turned into a hard month for all of us and yes, just wake me up when it's over! It always reminds me of him and I can't say that I've heard it on the radio in quite awhile. He was a good man, a wonderful father and husband and a devoted friend to all. Here's to you Daddy. I say this with beer in hand. :-)


One more thing I want to add. A very good friend of Liz and Cathy's is currently in the ICU, awaiting a lung biopsy that will be done on Tuesday. Denise has endured 3 battles w/breast cancer and was admitted Thursday with fluid in one lung (2 liters were removed) and then suspcious looking xray on the other. A CAT scan was done yesterday and yes, there is a mass. Please, please keep her in your prayers. She has a son overseas, I think in Iraq, and a daughter who was just married this year. Tears were shed for Denise as well today.

No comments: