Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm home (but I don't want to be)

I walked on the beach, ate fantastic meals, drank alot and stayed in a nice hotel-courtesy of Nationwide Children's Hospital. Not a great conference but I knew that going into it so there were alot of boring talks but all in all, it was nice to be away. I am tired though because we were up late at night and then up early in the a.m. Poor me, right? The picture was taken from my balconey with my cell phone so it's not the best.

I think the best part of all of this was feeling like a grown-up again. While I loved staying home with Evan and would not change that time for anything, working again has given me a sense of belonging and satisfaction that I didn't realize was missing in my life. Does that make sense? It was also fun to be back into the business meeting/travel part of it all that I used to experience in my past life. It was very educational as well in that I realized that the medical world is no different from the business world in regards to gossip!! I learned ALOT about the goings on at the hospital. :)

It was hard to leave the sunshine but Evan's smiling face at the airport last night lit up the room.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Now why would you want to feel like a grown-up again? It's no fun at all :-) Seriously, I "get it" completely. Beautiful picture. Next trip ........... PHX and that mountain!

Love ya,
ME2

Judy said...

I am happy that you finally feel like a grown-up. I was wondering about you.