Sunday, February 24, 2008
Today
As I was helping Evan get dressed this morning, he looked at himself in the mirror and said he liked turtlenecks (he had one on). I asked him why and he said because you can't see his trach scar-it makes him look like he doesn't have one. I told him that the scar is part of who he is-the trach saved his life and that God made him exactly how he was suppose to be. Of course what I really wanted to do is break down and cry. :) Anyhow, we went to church and he went up for the children's moment. I LOVE this time because each week, a different kid gets to take home "the box" and put anything they want in the box, as long as it's not dead, wet or alive. The minister then opens the box and has to then do an impromptu message on whatever the kid brings. Today it was sunglasses which Pastor Steve promptly put on. He talked about how people hide behind sunglasses-they hide who they really are but God knows all of us and loves us regardless of what we look like, what we've done, etc. He basically said everything I was trying to convey to Evan this morning. After that, I DID cry!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was a perfect message for Evan (and all of us!) to hear!
xoxo
Sissy
Post a Comment