Sunday, May 31, 2009

Today

So, I may have mentioned before that when I was younger I never understood why my mom and her sister always cried in church. Now I always seem to cry in church. If I've mentioned all this before, too bad. It's my blog and I can repeat myself if I want to. :) Anyhow, I haven't been to church since Mother's Day and I know I won't make it next week so I wanted to go this morning. The 7th graders were being confirmed and what got to me today was the fact that this one young kid named Kyle was up there with the group. When he was a little boy, he would always say that he loved the big boy with the whiskers. Well, that big boy was my dad. I looked at Kyle this morning and teared up knowing how my dad would of just been so happy to see him up there and would of taken great pleasure in witnessing his confirmation. That's all it took to make me cry today. I'm sure Evan will make fun of me some day for crying in church but that's o.k. I can handle it.

Oh and by the way, some day I'm going to change the layout of my blog. I even went so far as to print out directions from this one site that I can get a template from. Just not sure when it's going to happen but stay tuned. Maybe this summer I can accomplish that!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I always cry in church too. I get it and I get why. I miss you -let's talk soon.

Judy said...

if you need help changing your blog, let me know.
All you do is copy the html from the site, and then paste it to yours. Easy as mac and cheese.

unless aaron is preparing it. lol