Thursday, November 11, 2010

A letter to Evan

Dear Evan,
We just came from your parent teacher conference at school and I am so very proud of you. Yes, I'm proud because of your good grades and your passion for learning but more than that, I'm proud of the young man that you've become. When I hear your teachers tell me that you are well-rounded, kind and loved by all your classmates, my heart swells with pride and my eyes fill with tears. What did I do to deserve you? There are many days that I struggle with being a parent and I feel as though I'm doing it all wrong but then a day like today happens and I realize that I must be doing something right, at least from time to time!

Lots of love,
Mom

2 comments:

Ann said...

ahh, you should be proud. Congrats and kuddos to you for raising such an awesome young man.

Anonymous said...

Yea Evan! Yea Annie!
Sissy