Saturday, October 16, 2010

Man vs Food!












Evan LOVES the show Man vs. Food. I mean, he loves it. I have to admit that I get a kick out of it as well. It's actually one of the only shows we all watch together. What makes the show is the host, Adam Richman. If you haven't watched the show before, Adam goes to a different city each week and goes to three local restaurants. When he was here in Columbus, he went to Thurman's Cafe, Schmidt's and the Ohio Deli. At the first two, he will eat something that the restaurant is known for and at the third, he'll try to get thru the restaurant's "challenge"-like the hottest sushi or a 6 lb burrito. What I love is watching him eat. He is so animated and he very descriptive about what he's eating. There is just something about him that is very entertaining! Evan can imitate him perfectly. Every night dinner has become a Man vs Food challenge for Evan. The good thing about it is that it gets him to eat at a somewhat normal pace! So, when I heard Adam was going to be at the opening of a new store here in town, I knew I had to take Evan to see him and get his autograph. So, I surprised him Thursday after school. He was thrilled. He did a cooking demonstration first and then signed autographs. Can I just say we were there from 3-7, in the same spot, on our feet the entire time. But you know what? I complained more than he did. In fact, he didn't complain at all. I was so proud of him. He didn't want to leave and was willing to wait as long as we needed to in order for him to get an autograph. Adam was great. He was very personable and fun and he talked with everyone. Evan was grinning from ear to ear when Adam fist bumped him. He is so proud of the autograph he got. Before he went to bed that night, he thanked me for doing that for him and he said it was the best day ever!

www.travelchannel.com/travelchannel/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food/Video/Adam_Defeats_Columbus_Sandwich