Monday, August 3, 2009

My quick trip to Florida

Florida in the summer-no thank you!



Kathy, Gary, Karen and me (or is it and I?) I don't know

Karen and me

The happy couple

They combined different color sand rather than light unity candles



I went to Florida on Friday for my friend Karen's wedding. We went to high school together-we were both in marching band and very involved in youth group at church. Her parents moved to Atlanta after graduation in 1981 but we've stayed in touch through the years. I made many trip to Atlanta during my single days (including the 1996 Summer Olympics-tickets courtesy of her dad). Many trips to Fripp Island SC w/her parents (whom I adore) and we even took a trip together to San Francisco-one of my favorite places as a result of that trip. Anyhow, this is her first marriage and I really wanted to make sure I was there for it. We had a great time. It was wonderful to see her parents and siblings as well as meet some of her extended family. I was "adopted" by her Iowa cousins-we met Friday night in the hospitality suite that Karen and Tim had for everyone and just hit it off. I ended up hanging by the pool with them Sat. afternoon (Blue Margaritas-2 for 1) and then went to dinner with them Sat. night. Just really nice, friendly and funny Midwesterners! We laughed so much. Karen and Tim didn't leave after the reception-they actually stayed in Florida until today so they were at the pool Sat. afternoon as well. It was just really a fun and casual wedding. It was also great to see my friend Gary and his wife Kathy. They also came down from Columbus but as you know how it can be, we don't see them as often as I'd like. Gary and I have known each other since 3rd grade if you can believe it! Other than it being unbearably hot and humid (I'm surprised no one fainted during the ceremony-85 degrees and 90% humidity at 10:30 a.m.), it was a good weekend. I would of kicked myself if I hadn't gone so thank you Mike for insisting I do!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I just got caught up on your blog. I lost the address and remembered it finally! Glad you had a good time at the wedding. I am sure it meant the world to your friend.