Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our weekend







Was very busy! Most of Saturday was spent at school for the PTA carnival (fun but alot of work) and then Sunday we participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies walk. This was my first year and I was very surprised by just how many people took part. I also found that I got a bit emotional (Mike too). Two things really got to me. One, the number of t-shirts and posters from teams who were walking for a little one who was born and died on the same day. Two, seeing Evan in the mobile ICU ambulance with members of the transport team and knowing that he rode in one the day he was born and he was in the incubator that on Sunday was holding a teddy bear. The transport nurses there at the walk were so kind and I thought, they took care of my baby and they made sure he made it to Children's safely. It brought tears to my eyes.

So, if that weren't enough, we then went to Evan's first piano recital Sunday afternoon. He played 3 songs and of course I had the camera on pause instead of record when he played his longest and most difficult piece! Oh well. He did such a great job and he wasn't nervous at all. AT ALL!! I couldn't believe it. So, I got teary again. What else is new, right? :) I'm a sap when it comes to my boy.

No comments: