Monday, March 2, 2009

Tonight

I was in bed with Evan and after we say prayers, I sing. One song that I have sung every day since he was a baby is You Are My Sunshine. Well, a couple songs after that one, he starts singing to me:

You are my mommy,
My only mommy.
You make me happy,
When skies are grey.
You'll never know Mommy,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my mommy away.

So, I am a mess, crying quietly in the dark bedroom. Then a few minutes later he starts crying and saying that he doesn't want the people he cares about to ever die. Whoa, what brought that on? I asked him why he was worried about that and he said that's it' s probably because he misses Grandpa because he cared about him a whole lot. Then I watched Brothers and Sisters from last night which was very moving and emotional (new baby was born and they named him Evan) so I'm exhausted from crying! I must go to bed. :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

oh gees. That evan sure knows how to get to you doesnt he