March 9, 2001I love our cat Kali. She is so much like a dog-it kills me. She runs to the door if the doorbell rings or if she hears the key in the lock. I like to think she's excited to see me but all she really wants is food. I've never had a cat that is so obsessed with food. Really. All my other cats are content with a food dish that is full and they will eat when they feel like it. Kali will empty a bowl at one sitting if you let her. Poor thing is a little overweight. I think she weighs about 16-17 lbs. I try to feed her weight management food but she refuses to eat it. I try to limit how much she gets a day but she still maintains or gains. I think she has a thyroid problem. :) Anyhow, she is very social and will want to be where everyone is at all times. So, she has found that she likes to sleep in the little bookshelf in Evan's bed-it's very cute.
I got a little teary tonight while putting Evan to bed. I told him that it was 8 years ago today that we brought him home from the hospital and that was the 1st night he slept in his room. Just look how far he's come.
1 comment:
oh Kali, How I wish you liked me instead of attacking my hand everytime I pet you.
Post a Comment