
Tomorrow is the Walk to Defeat ALS and also my dad's birthday. He would of been 75. It's suppose to be sunny and high of 80-thank goodness! This will be our 4th walk which doesn't seem possible. My mom is actually going to go this year. She has stayed at home in past years but I think she's ready to see what it's all about. I'm excited that she will be there. After the walk, my family is gathering and we are going to Dad's resting place and then out to eat. It will be a hard day as the walk is always emotional. So many people with ALS turn out for this and it's difficult to see people my age in wheelchairs with trachs and on ventilators because ALS has robbed then of their ability to breathe on their own. It will be a good day too though as I will be with my family and we will be able to celebrate my dad's life and his legacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment