Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our trip to PA



And what a quick trip it was. We left at around 12:30 on Friday afternoon and drove about 4 hours or so to Clarion PA. We made sure we got a hotel with a pool so that Evan would have something to do after that leg of our trip. We then drove a couple hours Sat. morning to Ned and Jim's house where we spent about 4 hours with them. Although my mom told Jim she would be taking us all out to eat, Jim didn't listen to her and prepared a wonderful lunch for us. I have to say that I got quite choked up when Jim was sharing with us some of what Ned is going through (Ned was out of the room). He does alot of pacing at night, claiming that there are alot of people in his room. Consequently, Jim gets no sleep and it showed. Both of them are extremely thin and Jim looks horrible. I don't know how he's going to do it. They have made their burial arrangements and are going to see an elder attorney to get all their affairs in order. I was so happy to hear that. Anyhow, Ned was having a good day when we were there which we are all thankful for. We laughed as we talked about the past-they used to live in Maine and we had some fun times up there with them. It was hard to say good-bye.
We then went to a darling family run amusement park called Knoebels Grove www.knoebels.com. No admission charge to get in and you pay as you ride. Well, they had a Haunted House ride. Evan's eyes got huge when I told him that. We got a wheelchair for my mom and off we went to find the Haunted House. Well, once we got there, he dug his heels in and refused to ride it. I told him he'd regret it because he would just think about all the time and wonder what it was like. I think he rode one other ride and then decided he WOULD go in the Haunted House. Thank goodness my mom wanted to go too 'cause we got to skip the line (since she was in a wheelchair and all) and go right in-he didn't have time to think about it! I rode with Mom and Evan rode with Mike. OMG, it was the funniest thing, seeing him come out of that house. He said he was shaking but he loved it. We spent about 3 hot hours there and then back to a hotel. We were on the road by 9 a.m. and home at 2 p.m. on Sunday. I'm glad we were able to go and Mom was extremely grateful as well.
Oh, we've finally entered the modern world and now have DVR with our new cable thru AT&T!! I am hooked already.

No comments: