I feel as though it should be about 6 p.m. or so-it's only 3:30. We were on the road by 5:30 this morning to head to Cincinnati for Evan's scopes. The good thing is that Wed. is their late start day in surgery so our 9:30 OR time wasn' t pushed back at all-they took him right on time. Poor little guy was soooo nervous this morning-he was crying and shaking-his teeth were even chattering. He was afraid he was going to die in the OR. That just about put me over the edge! It's all I can do not to cry right along with him. He was able to get himself together though by the time Mike took him in the induction room. They had him all situated on the table, ready to start the gas and in true Evan style, he made them stop because he had to go to the bathroom! They took back at 9:30 and we were talking to the drs. by 10. All looks good-his airway appears to have grown since Dec. '06 (thank you God) and his esophagus looked no different so there was no need to dilate it. We were on the road back to Columbus by 11:15. So, we're back to not really knowing why he's had some problems lately. He had his swallow study yesterday and nothing too abnormal about it-it does appear that his chewing is "disorganized" and there were some other terms thrown around-I won't bore you with it all. Bottom line is that we'll probably just need to go back to his speech therapist to work on some oral motor stuff. I do believe it probably all started with his 6 year molars coming in-it caused him to chew with the front of his mouth and then he just couldn't get it back to swallow it. His speech therapist is on the same page-probably alot of it due to some oral sensory issues we dealt with when he was a toddler. Anyhow, I'm relieved that there isn't any anatomical problem but still not ready to take on therapy again! Can I go to bed yet?
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Back from Cincinnati
I feel as though it should be about 6 p.m. or so-it's only 3:30. We were on the road by 5:30 this morning to head to Cincinnati for Evan's scopes. The good thing is that Wed. is their late start day in surgery so our 9:30 OR time wasn' t pushed back at all-they took him right on time. Poor little guy was soooo nervous this morning-he was crying and shaking-his teeth were even chattering. He was afraid he was going to die in the OR. That just about put me over the edge! It's all I can do not to cry right along with him. He was able to get himself together though by the time Mike took him in the induction room. They had him all situated on the table, ready to start the gas and in true Evan style, he made them stop because he had to go to the bathroom! They took back at 9:30 and we were talking to the drs. by 10. All looks good-his airway appears to have grown since Dec. '06 (thank you God) and his esophagus looked no different so there was no need to dilate it. We were on the road back to Columbus by 11:15. So, we're back to not really knowing why he's had some problems lately. He had his swallow study yesterday and nothing too abnormal about it-it does appear that his chewing is "disorganized" and there were some other terms thrown around-I won't bore you with it all. Bottom line is that we'll probably just need to go back to his speech therapist to work on some oral motor stuff. I do believe it probably all started with his 6 year molars coming in-it caused him to chew with the front of his mouth and then he just couldn't get it back to swallow it. His speech therapist is on the same page-probably alot of it due to some oral sensory issues we dealt with when he was a toddler. Anyhow, I'm relieved that there isn't any anatomical problem but still not ready to take on therapy again! Can I go to bed yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment