Monday, March 31, 2008

The waiting continues

So, we still don't have any answers to Evan's eating dilemma. After talking with Evan's pediatrician on Thursday in regards to Evan's upper GI results, she convinced me that I probably should let the docs in Cincinnati know what is going on. So, I emailed the GI and told him what's been happening and he emailed back in about 10 minutes. This is why I love the people in Cincinnati! I also love that he signed the email "Ajay" which is his first name. Anyhow, he feels as though it's probably time for an endoscopy and said that there are good GIs here in Columbus and if I wanted someone local to take care of it, I could do that. I immediately wrote him back and said no way-if we can help it, I don't ever want him being put under here in Columbus due to his airway. I also told him that since we'd be coming down, I'd like to go ahead and have Dr. Cotton (ENT) scope him as well rather that wait until our scheduled time in December. I just hate to have Evan put to sleep so I try and limit the amount of times it happens. Dr. Kaul was so on top of all of this because when I called the aerodigestive clinic the next day to talk with one of the nurse practitioners about scheduling, she told me that Evan's on the schedule for their weekly meeting-they meet Wed. mornings to discuss patient issues and that I'd get a call Wed. afternoon. He's still scheduled for a panoramic xray of his mouth on Thursday and then his video swallow study will be the 22nd.


I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE. I'M SO TIRED, SO STRESSED AND SO WORRIED. (I'm yelling as I'm typing-I feel much better after doing so).


BTW, did you know that today was National Tater Day? Go eat some french fries!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Once everything goes as planned in Cinci, maybe you can make it over to IKEA and spend some money. That will take the stress away. We continue to pray for him.
BTW, you will not be getting taters over at our house tonight...little ceasers is what it's gonna be.

Anonymous said...

Just be grateful you live in the US and not Canada where you'd have to wait a very, very long time.