

Mike turned 40 on the 17th so in order to celebrate, we were able to get away for the weekend at a place in Amish country called The Inn at Honey Run. We went up to Cleveland on Friday morning to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum, a place Mike has wanted to go since moving to Ohio 10 years ago. I got a kick out of seeing the red leather jacket Michael Jackson wore in the Thriller video since Evan is such a fan!! We then went to the inn later that day. It was so relaxing. We stayed in one of the honeycomb suites (2nd picture)-one of 12 rooms that were built within the hillside. We had a gas fireplace, a jacuzzi tub and breakfast delivered to our room each morning. I could of used more than a weekend there, that's for sure especially after the past couple weeks we've had.
Evan is having some trouble with eating but it’s not as cut and dry as food just getting stuck. He’s complained for the past 2 ½ weeks of having a hard time swallowing. He chews and chews until it’s like paste but then says he can’t swallow it. He swears that nothing has gotten stuck recently nor does it really hurt. He says it’s “uncomfortable” to chew with his back teeth (he does have molars coming in) so then he’s chewing with his front but still hesitating when it comes to swallowing. He’s been very weepy too. We’ve seen the pediatrician and his speech therapist and he’s having an esophagram on Tuesday, a panoramic xray of his mouth in two weeks (his jaw is very small so we want to see what’s going on with his teeth-he’s not lost any on his own-3 have been pulled) and then a video swallow study on April 22nd. Why the hell do I have to wait so long?? Anyhow, I haven’t contacted his GI yet in Cincinnati-that will be after we get the test results here. I just didn’t feel like dealing with them just yet-I love them all to death but I really didn’t want to drive 2 hours for a clinic visit. If we are dealing with the esophagus, then I will definitely go down for an endoscopy-no one here is going to do that!! Top it off, he’s only gained 2 lbs in a year so we’re back to Pediasure. I haven’t filled the script yet but have gotten him to drink instant breakfast which has all the same nutrients in it. So, he’s back to yogurt, pudding, pasta, eggs, etc.-the same stuff that he could only eat when he was 2 1/2 and 3 yrs old. I still make him try some other stuff when I can sit with him but as far as school goes, I’m just sending the soft stuff. I just want to cry. To top it off, he's got some type of stomach bug. He came home today saying that his stomach didn't feel good-he didn't want anything to eat or drink. He was very lethargic-finally about 7:30 he threw up (while sitting on my lap of course). I got him in bed about 8:30, went downstairs to watch TV and then came up at 10 and Mike was in his room. Unfortunately he didn't hit the trash can that I had left by his bed. I'm in for a long night.............
No comments:
Post a Comment