Monday, September 14, 2015

June 26, 2015

As I continue to reflect on the fact that my dad has been gone for 10 years, I have thought quite a bit about how thrilled my dad would have been on June 26th.  This was the day that my sister, his daughter whom he loved deeply and accepted with no exceptions, was given the legal right to marry.  He'd be even more excited to know that we are going to celebrate their 14 year commitment to one another on Oct. 3rd when they do indeed get married. I know Dad would have loved to have given Liz away just as he did me.  He loved and adored Cathy and was so happy that Liz was happy.

I know he'd also get a kick out of the fact that I became ordained and that I'm going to perform the ceremony! I can't wait to be able to join the two of them in marriage.  It's a shame that he will miss out of this very special day but I know he will be with us in spirit. 




No comments: