Sunday, July 7, 2013

What happened to the first half of 2013???

Obviously I have not been very good at blogging this year and I'm not even going to try to play catch up.  My poor 50 year old brain can't handle that.  Yep.  THAT happened.  I turned 50.  I'm trying to embrace it and remember that I'm 50 and fabulous.  It's my mantra every day when I look in the mirror. 

Soooo, I'll start with the most recent events in my life.  

Last week I took a trip to our hometown of East Aurora NY with my mom, sister Liz and brother Jay.  That's it.  Just the 4 of us together.  What a special weekend it was for all of us.  Lots of laughs and some tears.  Many memories.  We were able to actually go inside our home at 305 Grover Rd which is the first house I remember.  We were there from '63-'69.  I started kindergarten at that house, learned how to ride my bike at that house and it was the beginning of many memories which included our extended family.  We stopped to just look at the house and the owner was outside.  She was thrilled that we were there and she invited us in.  I'll tell you, tears immediately came to my eyes when I walked in and saw that the kitchen was exactly how I remember it to be.  Took my breath away.  


We also thought it would be fun to re-created the shopping cart incident.  I don't need to say anything more.
We also visited our old elementary school. 
Ahhh, such wonderful memories.  We also celebrated my mom's 86th birthday while there.  I give thanks every day that she is still here with us and that I was blessed with such an incredible mother. I admire her strength, her faith and the lives that she has touched.  She has no idea how much she means to people. She is my rock.

So, here we are.  Half of 2013 is over.  My half year resolution is to get back to writing more.  There.  I said it and it's out there so it has to happen.

No comments: