Monday, August 30, 2010

Bag of Me


Click on the pic to enlarge


Evan's first homework assignment this year was Bag of Me. He had to come up with 10 things that represented his likes and dislikes, his personality, etc. and they had to fit into a brown paper lunch bag. He then had to write about each item. I was determined not to help him and honestly, he really picked most of the items on his own. I suggested the cat toy to represent Kali! The item that moved me the most was the hospital ID band. I knew one of his items would be a Lego, a picture of the family, a video game, mention of his love of history. I never thought he'd include something that represented his medical issues. It kind of took my breath away when I saw the band and read what he wrote. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since we've always told him that his scars represent who he is and without them he wouldn't be here. This will be one of those homework assignments that I will keep forever.

No comments: