I love my mom. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again. I love my mom. She is so sweet. I had a little scare with my last mammogram and had to go back to James Care last week for add'l views and an ultrasound. She was determined to go with me, even though my appointment was at 9:30 in the morning. She knows the drill-after the spot compression mammogram (which applies 22 lbs of pressure rather than the normal 14 lbs) you sit in a waiting room with other women all in white robes. A radiologist reads the mammogram while you wait and then they let you know if you need the ultrasound and the process starts again. It's good that they let you know right away but the waiting is torture. It was nice to have her there with me. Oh, and all is well. :-)
She found out yesterday that the claim she filed to the VA was approved-new regulations from the Department of Veterans Affairs has established ALS as a service connected disease. Since my dad was in the military, she was able to apply for benefits as his surviving spouse and she will be getting a nice check (tax-free) each month starting in June AND she was pleasantly surprised to find a VERY nice amount sitting in her checking account yesterday-back payments from Nov. of 2008. She said all she could do was cry when she got the letter yesterday. She felt as though Dad was still taking care of her. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment