I spent the weekend up at my cousin's in East Aurora, NY which is about 20 miles from Buffalo. This is where I lived until I was 9 years old-it was so hard to move to Ohio because we were leaving family behind. This is my mom's hometown and although we've been gone for 36 years, I still have a special connection to this place and so many memories. Above is the house my mom grew up in and where I spent so much time with my grandma when I was a little girl. I still dream of her house-isn't that funny?
East Aurora is the home of Fisher-Price toys. My grandma actually worked for Mrs. Price (she was an artist and illustrator)and my mom has hanging in her house a portrait of Mom done by Mrs. Price when Mom was a little girl. Back in the 30s, they made these pop-up critter toys that they would have local families put together. We went to the toy museum on Saturday and saw the exact toy that my mom and her family worked on-the Pop Up Pluto. I've been the museum before but don't remember seeing that toy. I love this museum because they have all the popular Fisher-Price toys from when I was young. Talk about a blast from the past!!
The trip went by way too fast. I'm still recovering this morning. We ate too much, we drank too much and we laughed way too much-no, I don't think you can ever laugh too much. :)
1 comment:
Well, I don't think you can eat too much or drink too much either :-)
I'm glad you had a fun weekend.
xoxo
Ann
Post a Comment